Grief – Why is it So Complicated? With Julia Samuel MBE
Trigger warning: this conversation includes the topic of suicide. Welcome back to season four of Good Mourning! This week, psychotherapist, grief expert, author and all-around brilliant human, Julia Samuel MBE, joins us to dig deep into big questions around the grieving process. We discuss:
- Living losses – what they are and how we can learn to accept them
- Complicated grief disorder – is it ok to grieve for a long time?
- How to cultivate resilience in grief
- How grief shapes our identity and self-esteem
- Dealing with difficult emotions
- How grief can be passed down in families, generation to generation
We hope you take as much away from this thought-provoking and wickedly witty conversation as we did.
Thank you so much for listening, supporting, and spreading the word about Good Mourning. If you enjoy the pod and find it helpful, we’d love it if you could leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. And don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any of the incredible guests we have coming up! 🎧
Links and further reading
- Julia has created the amazing The Grief Works App. Find out more and use this link for 10% off
- Pre-Order Every Family Has A Story: How We Inherit Love And Loss by Julia Samuel
- Buy Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death and Surviving by Julia Samuel.
- Buy This Too Shall Pass: Stories of Change, Crisis and Hopeful Beginnings by Julia Samuel.
Connect with us
Grief is the price we pay for love, but it can be lonely. If you’re grieving, join our private Facebook support group, Good Mourning Grief Community, here, follow us on Instagram at @goodmourningpodcast or drop us a line here.